January 20, 2008
"I realize that some folks are supporting Hillary Clinton and if you are, you still need to read this. To me this photo is a picture of a strong man who, in the face of a setback, is cherishing a moment with the support of a strong woman who is 100% behind him. Together, they are making history. This is the America I want to live in. This is what our families should be like and can be like."
January 2, 2008
Happy New Year! I read a wonderful article about resolutions in Our Daily Bread at http://www.rbc.org/odb/odb-01-01-08.shtml.
I have adopted the following resolutions for the 2008 year:
- To do whatever is most to God’s glory;
- To do my duty, for the good of mankind in general;
- Never to do anything, which I should be afraid to do, if it were the last hour of my life;
- To study the Scriptures steadily, constantly, and frequently;
- To ask myself at the end of every day, week, month, and year if I could possibly have done better;
- To expect more for myself and walk in true faith;
- To laugh more;
- To love unconditionally;
- To hold sacred my body, my mind, and my spirit;
- Until I die, not to act as if I were my own, but entirely and altogether God’s.
I pray that this New Year brings you infinite joy, peace, and blessings!