September 2, 2005

Prayer for our Leaders

Dear Father,
I give you all the glory and honor and praise! Thank you Lord for victory even in the wake of destruction. God, I ask a special blessing and annointing on ALL our elected and public officials dealing in the wake of the turmoil and chaos in New Orleans and other cities impacted by Hurricane Katrina. I pray that you wrap your arms of protection and comfort around Mayor Nagin, Lord he needs you now more than ever. I pray that you light a fire in the hearts and minds of our President, Congresspersons, and FEMA Director to think creatively and quickly to address the needs of dying residents in New Orleans. I pray for mercy and deliverance of those families, tourists, journalists, police officers, public officials left behind. God, I don't understand the devastation and your ways are too big for me to even try to figure out, but I do know that you are an AWESOME and MIGHTY GOD! I pray that Your Will, Lord, be done and that Your Holy Spirit arise and scatter the disorder and foolishness. Amen.

No comments: