October 23, 2005

Prayer for families in the path of Hurricane Wilma




"You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." --Psalm 91:13-16


Lord God, I thank you for the opportunity to come before you today. You are a great and awesome God. I thank you for your glory, goodness, and grace. I come before you again Lord asking for mercy, protection, and safety for those families in the path of yet another monster storm. Lord, I know that ALL things work together for good for those who are called according to your purpose, so Lord I won't ask why, but I will ask a special prayer of mercy for all those in the path of Hurricane Wilma. Lord, I ask that the light of those who know you shine like a light house guiding the lost and weary souls from this monster storm into an understanding of Jesus the Christ and to salvation. Lord, I pray that you anoint the volunteers, the relief workers, and all those extending a helping hand to these weary families. Anoint them with your Holy Spirit, anoint them with extra love, kindness, mercy, grace, understanding, patience, and kindness. Lord extend bounds of love and protection on those families impacted by this hurricane. Lord, I thank you for victory in the wake of this storm. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments: