December 13, 2005

A Sinner's Prayer

God create in me a clean heart!
Lord, create in me a right spirit!
Lord, let your Holy Word and Holy Spirit guide my life, my actions, my thoughts, my responses, my interactions, my speech, my mind, and my work.
Lord, equip me with Your wisdom and discernment.
Help me to think things through more thoroughly with You in mind, Lord.
Help me to be obedient to your will.
Lord, like that boy's father of long ago, I truly do believe, but I need you to help my unbelief. Help me to stand firm on your Word. Help me to weigh Your Word in all situations - personal and professional.
Forgive me for any of my actions, responses, or behaviors that have been contrary to your Word and Way.
Lord, I apologize for any wrong I have done, knowingly or unknowingly.
I ask forgiveness in the precious blood of your son, Jesus Christ, and
I accept Jesus the Christ as my personal, Lord, and Savior.
I am committed to live a life that is pleasing to you, and I surrender it all to you.
Lord, so walk with me.
Soothe the anxiety and the insecurity.
Fill me with your love, grace, mercy, and patience.
Help me to endure, Lord.
Walk with me, Lord.
Let your Holy Spirit bring comfort, peace, and joy.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen.


1 Peter 1:13-15
"Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy"

No comments: