May 5, 2006

Warrior Call: A Tribute to Damu Smith





Rest on my brother,
God has called you home!
He has fashioned a special place for you to give rest to your tired body and to give flight to your indomitable spirit.

I will miss your smile.
I will miss your activism.
I will miss your love for us and our community,
but I understand that you were loaned to us for only a moment.

I understand that although you are gone,
you are not forgotten.
Your legacy, love, and lifeforce will remain with us...
and as you complete the passage of this life and begin your journery as an Ancestor,
I thank God for allowing me the opportunity to know you, to learn from you,
and to call you a friend.

In Loving Memory of Damu Smith (1952 - 2006)

*Pictures of Damu Smith are from the www.damusmith.org website. Please visit website for more information regarding the life of Damu Smith*

No comments: