November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!



“Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.”
- Psalm 100:4-5 (NIV)



We know that the true history behind holidays like Columbus and Thanksgiving do not fall in line with the Word of God. I choose not to celebrate these holidays for their original meanings, but I have found other more significant reasons to celebrate on these days.

Columbus Day is so close to my birthday that I normally use that day as another opportunity to celebrate the life that God gave me. On Thanksgiving, I really take the opportunity to spend time with family and friends for whom I have been unable to see throughout the year. It is an opportunity to reflect as a family unit on God's blessings in our lives!

I pray that you find meaning and purpose for your life on these and other holidays throughout the year. So often, holidays bring a spirit of depression, anxiety, and mayhem. I pray that God's love, mercy, and grace abound in your life and the lives of those who are the most important to you! I pray that you and those around you experience the peace of God in all its fullness. And on this Thanksgiving Day, I pray that you have a great and prosperous day!

No comments: