March 10, 2007

My Prayer of Thanksgiving

God, thank you for waking me up this morning. Thank you for your continued mercy and grace. Thank you for the comfort of your love and your Holy Spirit. Thank you for keeping me and protecting me and comforting me. Thank you for the peace of your forgiveness. Thank you for new beginnings. Thank you Lord for helping me understand that my past does not dictate my future. Thank you for showing me that no matter what others may think about me or feel about me that what ultimately matters is how I feel about myself. Thank you Lord for providing your Word and your shepards to teach and guide me. Thank you for giving me a new day to right what I wronged on yesterday. Thank you Lord for loving me for me and thank you for showing me how to love me. Thank you for my growth in this Christian walk. Thank you for opening my heart to unconditional forgiveness and love. Thank you for preparing my heart for life affirming change. Thank you for liberating my heart, my mind, and my soul. Thank you God for setting me FREE! Thank you for releasing the fear, the hurt, the doubt, and the pain. Thank you Lord for releasing me from the disappointment, the competitiveness, the self-loathing, and the shame. Thank you Lord for preparing my heart, my mind, my body, and my spirit to be abundantly blessed by your favor and grace. Thank you God for the lessons in my life that have taught me the value of resilliancy and honor. Thank you for your Word and its affirming power of grace.

No comments: